IT Freedom is looking for an experienced network engineer to advance internal projects, maintain systems, and serve as a point of escalation for technical teams. You must be an excellent communicator, have a diverse technical background, and excel at working with and figuring out new technologies and systems.
A qualified candidate will already have meaningful professional experience working with a wide variety of technologies, such as routers, switches, and Windows and Linux servers. The candidate will also have demonstrated expert-level experience with at least two of these technologies.
While technical skills are a must, your ability to work within a team is equally important for this position. You must be able to effectively communicate and coordinate changes, notify teams when your work impacts theirs, and provide updates for ongoing issues.
We’ve been helping Austin-based businesses manage their IT, internet, and voice services for 20 years. We work hard to ensure our customers can focus on their business instead of worrying about technology.
- Participating in the development and implementation of technology and infrastructure projects.
- Maintenance of systems, including network devices, servers, and SaaS solutions.
- Serving as an escalation point and contact for technical teams.
- Participating in an on-call rotation.
- Availability to work after hours, including weekends and evenings, as required.
- Meaningful, expert-level experience with two or more of the following: Windows Server, Linux, Enterprise firewalls, scripting in Python or Bash, and Cloud service providers.
- Experience designing and configuring IT automation systems.
- Availability to work from our Austin office during the work week. Currently, this position and most of our employees are able to work-from-home, but most of our positions will be returning to the office at some point.
- Reliable personal transportation, driver’s license, and liability insurance.
- Ability to lift move equipment as required
- Not a user of tobacco products.
- Previous experience working in an MSP environment.
- Experience with RHEL or CentOS Linux.
- Engineer-level IT certifications.
- Experience leading small projects and working autonomously.
- $70,000 – $90,000, depending on experience