IT Freedom is looking for an experienced technical support professional to proactively manage our customers’ infrastructure and act as an escalation point for our front-line support teams. You must be an excellent communicator who can troubleshoot and investigate problems, prioritize escalations, and partner with people of varying technical backgrounds in order to deliver outstanding support and service.
A qualified candidate will already have meaningful professional experience in administration of routers, switches, firewalls, and other network devices. This position will allow you to leverage that existing knowledge while you gain on-the-job experience in other aspects of business technology management such as Windows server administration, Linux server administration, and enterprise device management and security.
While technical skills are a must, we exist to provide exceptional service to our customers. You must enjoy working with diverse groups of people while finding solutions to their unique challenges. Whether working with a small professional office or an enterprise cloud environment, you’ll be part of a team that empowers our customers to focus on their core business.
We’ve been helping Austin-based businesses manage their IT, internet, and voice services for 20 years. We work hard in order to ensure our customers can focus on their business instead of worrying about technology. Our team shares in the rewards of that hard work, including outstanding benefits and generous profit-sharing bonuses.
- Designing, installing, and maintaining customers’ networks
- Providing escalation support to our help desk teams to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve complex issues
- Serving as a member of our administrator on-call rotation
- Participating in the development and implementation of customer technology and infrastructure projects
- Quickly responding to and addressing network and server health alerts
- Ability to work after hours including weekends and evenings, as required
- CCNA or equivalent certification/professional experience. If the exam certified your ability to study for the exam rather than skills you already acquired, please do not apply.
- Meaningful experience with 3 or more of the following: Windows, Linux, Asterisk, Scripting and Automation in Python or Bash, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, and/or Amazon Web Services
- Systematic approach to problem solving, combined with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Reliable personal transportation, driver’s license and liability insurance
- Ability to lift move equipment as required
- Not a user of tobacco products
- Previous experience with Aruba and Fortinet products
- Knowledge of the Linux networking stack, e.g. routing, name resolution, etc.
- Experience leading small projects and working autonomously
For information on benefits, please check out the “Jobs” section of our website. To apply for this position please send your resume in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.